Saturday, March 03, 2007

E-Mail from Carter #3

Sent, Saturday Morning @ 7:05am
-----------------------------------
Good morning Mommy and Daddy! I weigh 2710 grams (5 lb 15.6 oz) today, up 10 grams (0.4 oz) from yesterday's weight. I lost an average of -19.5 grams (0.0 lb) per day over the past 2 days. Don't worry too much, since I'm only a couple of days old, my nurses and doctors don't expect me to start gaining weight just yet.

I was fed 8 times yesterday and I took 15-30 ml at each feeding. I also nursed 4 times. I received a total amount of 185 ml for the day. A fluid oz is about 30 ml so this is about 6.3 oz. Aside from breastfeeding, I nipple fed 100% of my intake. My last feeding was at 6 AM and I took 20 ml by nipple. My next feeding should be around 9 AM.

Ciao Mommy and Daddy. Your visits make me so happy!

A big hug and kiss,
Carter

PS: Your calls are always welcome (except during change of shift, when my nurses need time to tell each other all about me).

No comments: